Monday, February 14, 2005

Love is in the air...

It's Valentine's Day today (R.I.P. to anyone who has forgotten ;o) ), so I believe the law requires that I mention love in the subject title here. Anyway, today is my first day back in my new old job (Read the post below if that confuses you) - It's great to be back among friendly, familiar faces, and in an environment where you can interact with people away from just phones, e-mails and MSN. I'm not the most sociable person in the World normally, so I surprised myself saying this, but I really missed the human interaction element of working from home. I've spent most of the morning catching up on what's being going on at work the past couple of months, as well as trying to configure myself a new PC here in the office - And boy have I ended up with a crap one! Oh well, it's not like I need anything all-singing all-dancing I suppose.

As of Saturday my wife had been in England three weeks now, and everything is still going beautifully - Every day is a joy to partake in. We've had some great days out, great days in, and I only wish I could be at home for Valentine's Day... I guess I didn't plan that one out so well! Still, I had a bunch of roses delivered to the house not long after I left, and also left her with an 'Andy replacement' in the form of a cuddly toy. I fear I've lost my place in bed now!! :oP

Website-wise, I've taken my leaving HEXUS as a chance to re-evaluate and look to the future of Elite Bastards. I think, when it comes down to it, that I'm something of a control freak, and I need the relaxed atmosphere where I can basically do what I want to produce my best work. It hasn't taken long for the writing flame in me to resurface, and although I won't have that much free time any more I have quite a few plans for what I want to do there as the year progresses. I'm already working on getting the test rig side of things up to scratch, with today seeing the arrival of... Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it? ;o) I also got hold of some great stuff last week as well, so keep your eyes peeled. I hope it'll be an exciting time on that front, both for myself and anyone else involved in the site, be they staff or readers.

So, I'll leave you all with Valentine's Day wishes and I hope everyone reading this, single or otherwise, has a good one.

2 comments:

Crawdaddy79 said...

OMG HANNARS!!! :wave:

HAI 2 U!

I didn't know you left Hexus.. :( Sorry to hear that.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is well hanners :)