Monday, July 03, 2006

Running through sprinklers

You know it's a hot day when you get home from work, spot the sprinkler running in the back garden (No water shortages here, hurrah!), and decide to run through/stand under said sprinkler for a minute or two. :D

Yes, if you haven't guessed, Summer has well and truly hit the UK this week - England are out of the World Cup, Henman is out of Wimbledon... Yep, definitely Summer. ;)

On the down side, any kind of Summer heatwave also means that the tiny, cramped space that is the makeshift Elite Bastards office (or spare room, to give it a less grandiose title) is more or less out of bounds - Too hot to work, and definitely too hot to do much in the way of benchmarking. Luckily, Summer also means less on the sampling front anyway, but I have slipped behind with the things I want to get done as a result of not enjoying getting roasted, and thus I've been spending a fair amount of time (shock, horror!) outdoors. Nonetheless, don't worry too much, as I'm still plugging away on content for the site, and I know a couple of the other guys either have some things up their sleeves or will do shortly, so there should be plenty to keep you entertained. :p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the heat. How I produced 800 words for my latest assignment yesterday I don't know. I finished off the first draft today with almost 600 words before lunch, which shows just how much difference the more tolerable temperature makes.

I'm glad you put that DirectX 10 article up today and not yesterday. There's no way I would have understood it then!

Jollemi said...

I haven't done that (the sprinkler thing) since I was a kid :P

Hanners said...

Me neither Jollemi, but I just couldn't resist yesterday... I'm a big kid anyhow. :p

Unknown said...

Do as Digi does, get a window unit air conditioner for your PC lair. ;)