Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Left Side Drive

Well, I haven't written anything here since the beginning of the year, so I figure a quick update is very much overdue.

Thus far this year, I haven't been pushing quite as hard on the content front for Elite Bastards as I need to be - We've had some awesome reviews and articles hit the site, so the quality is there (of course!), but I need to ramp up the quantity again somewhat. I certainly have plenty to be getting on with, in particular with the arrival of a couple of copies of Windows Vista on my door step this week. Thus far, it's been more of a driver-induced nightmare than anything else, with Vista RTM drivers simply not available for some of the hardware I use, which is really beyond frustration considering the long gestation period of the Operating System . Come on guys (ASUS and Hauppage, I'm looking at you), pull your fingers out!

Anyway, the main reason right now for something of a slowdown in my writings is, quite blunty, a bit of romance. :oP Yes, I've gone and fallen head over heels with a very awesome someone (who shall remain nameless at this juncture), which has left me more than a little easily distracted and short on time when it comes to doing anything else. It's all good though if you ask me.

Finally, my new position in my 'real' job starts at the beginning of next month, so I guess I'll have to wait and see how everything shakes down time-wise once I've settled into all these exciting new happenings in my world. Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll be back working myself to the bone on the review front in no time. ;o)

1 comment:

Jollemi said...

Yay! Good for you :). Although I've stayed away from relationships because I don't have the time (nor the interest really) to keep it going. One can only be amazed how you manage to do all that you do :)