Thursday, May 12, 2005

Don't Believe The Truth

Well, the main URL to my Blog is finally fixed after seemingly vanishing for a while - It turns out all I had to do was republish it, but I've been too lazy to do so until today. :oP

Not a great deal else to comment on really, life is just ticking along as per usual. On the Elite Bastards side of things, work is piling up - I have three video card reviews on the go now!! :oO Again, laziness is largely to blame, but hopefully I'll knuckle down to at least one of the reviews soon, I really want to get my look at a GeForce 6600GT out of the door soon. Fingers crossed I may be able to take a look at SLI in the coming months as well!

The other reason for my lack of working on EB content has been building a PC for my Dad, who has finally (scarily) decided to enter the information age. I'll be installing the whole set up at the weekend, but I'm mightily impressed with what I've been able to put together for him for just £350 - A Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 512MB of RAM, top-of-the-range NEC DVD writer (Another item which is kind of on my 'to review' list, I have a second unit available to me) and a 17" TFT. Despite being packed into a cheap case it all looks pretty sweet, so I hope he'll be impressed. And, more importantly, I hope he won't keep breaking things, I think I'll set up Remote Assistance on it just in case. ;o) It also managed to impress the wife with my PC building skills ('You managed to build a pretty PC from that box of stuff that got delivered yesterday?', she swooned :oP), which is always good. ;o)

Today's entry title comes from the name of the new Oasis album, which I finally got around to listening to last night, and I was pleasantly surprised by. It seems like a real break from all of their work before, it has a far more structured and melancholy feel to it rather than the usual 'anthemic' qualities of their stuff. I used to be a big Oasis fan, but was disappointed by everything post 'Be Here Now' - 'Don't Believe The Truth' feels like a true return to form for me. Talking music, I'm (im)patiently waiting for the new Coldplay album to make an appearance - In the meantime I've been listening to the new Gorillaz album (Not too bad) and a 2 CD live compilation of Kraftwerk stuff (Can't go wrong with them) to amuse myself. Oh, and the third OST to Naruto, which (in places) rocks. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get some bloody work done! I read precious few reviews these days and yours are some of the ones I look forward to. I'll have to read stuff by that Baumann bloke, or JR, otherwise, and I'd rather not stoop so low :P

Good to see your geek skills are impressing the wife. My ability to rebuild Alex's PC last night with some WiFi kit had her swooning too. Probably only because it means she can feed her eBay addiction some more, though.