Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Moving on up

Not a lot to report, but I felt like I really should put something in my Blog to close off the month.

I'm nearly finished with my GeForce 6600GT review. Honest. Well, kinda. Hopefully I'll be done with it this week, if not I should be lynched. Away from that, I knocked out a brief CrossFire preview today to keep up with the Joneses. I'm also sat on some other pretty interesting information that I can't talk about, plus another opportunity for Elite Bastards that I'm very excited about. It could be a great stride forward for us as a site, and also pull us out in some new and intriguing directions. I don't want to reveal anything until I actually have guarantees in hand, but I'll keep you guys posted. :o) While we're talking EB gossip, the coming weeks will hopefully see the beginning of a redesign of the site. Again, I'm excited, although I do need to sit down and put the suggestions people have made together into a cogent plan on things we should look at doing.

Away from the site, things have been ticking along pretty reasonably. Arsenal won the FA Cup, and very undeservedly so, work is busy (But never too busy ;o)) and I have both the new Coldplay and Royksopp albums (Both of which I'm undecided on as far as my 'like-o-meter' goes). Went and saw Star Wars: Episode 3 on the opening night - I think my wife enjoyed it more than me, but it was still the best of the latest trilogy by far. To my shame, I laughed at one point where I was supposed to be upset... My wife will never let me near children again now I fear. :o( We'll probably try to catch Sin City this weekend (Yes, the UK sucks for movie releases), although I have a nasty feeling it's going to be a case of style over substance.

As a final point, I need a holiday - Anywhere know of a good place to stay in Wales, in the Cardiff area preferably?

9 comments:

Jollemi said...

Well, if it's any consolation, I laughed in a couple of scenes in SW: E III too. And at least once I said "lame". But it's still the best of the new trilogy though :)

Anonymous said...

and I haven't seen it yet... nor do I plan on seeing it other than on DVD, anyway. In fact, I think I won't go to the cinema anymore unless they either get rid of the pre-movie commercials or they re-issue the original, un-edited versions of the episodes 4, 5 and 6.

Hanners said...

Shockingly, Episode III at my local cinema had the smallest number of commercials I'd seen before a move. Ever. I was expecting the usual half hour bore-fest, but a couple of one minute commercials later, voila! The movie was starting.

Jollemi said...

Yea, but you know the French. Mrsabidji would probably have to watch a French dubbed SW: E III where they talk about their long trusty garlic baguette lightsabers and how the force is like the smell of blue cheese. Powerful, but invisible. And of course you can't forget Palpatine, who in the end of the movie looked like melted fromage :P

Hanners said...

A nice bit of Palpatine and a bottle of Claret... No better way to while away an evening! :oP

Anonymous said...

yeah, there's the french-dubbed version problem too... for some reason, Darth Vader is here known as 'Dark Vador' :roll:...
Oh, I hate it when some moron decides that it would be very clever of him to translate A GOD DAMNED NAME!! I mean, what the hell?! For the same stupid reason, I had to wait till The Lord of the Rings movies were released on DVD so I had a chance to enjoy the forbidden pleasure of original names. Why on earth did they have to call the poor hobbit 'Frodon Sacquet'? as if being a ridiculously small person with hairy feet wasn't hard enough... sometimes, I hate that stupid country... and then, I remember the delicious croissants d'Inde.

Jollemi said...

Oh yes, the croissant d'indes. Oh no, wait a tick. Yes, I wasn't seeing things, it's the infamous mrsqbidji! Run! Run for your lives!

Anonymous said...

yeah, I blame my stupid keyboard at work... it's been pretty confusing lately to type on different types of keyboards at home and at my workplace. but I'll get used to it, I always do. in the meantime, fear my wrath and stuff...

Anonymous said...

You laughed at the bit where Anakin killed the little Jedis too? Same here! :lol:

And Sin City truly rocks dude, I think you'll enjoy it. Saw it out in Taipei while I was there for Computex, and I'd go see it again.

Nice to see you're still alive ;)