Saturday, June 25, 2005

Weird dreams and the 7800

I knew there was something I'd forgotten about in my last Blog entry, and now I've remembered it...

You know you're thinking about video cards way too much when you end up dreaming about them at night. Yep, that's right, I had a GPU-related dream... About SLI to be more precise. The weirdest part is, there weren't actually video cards in my dream, SLI seemed to be represented by two snakes - One was green and one was blue. I'm not sure what they were doing exactly, but people around me were clearly referring to them being together as some form of SLI. No, I don't know what it means subconsciously either. And no, I wasn't smoking anything.

Looking at more of the GeForce 7800 GTX reviews around the web the past few days has made me realise two things:

1. I really want one to review
2. I need a monitor with a higher maximum resolution than 1600x1200

I'm not sure quite why I have such an urge to check one out right now considering that there isn't a lot new feature-wise to see on it (Transparancy anti-aliasing aside), I guess I'm just a whore for new hardware. Oh well, I'll just cross my fingers and see what comes up. :o)

On a final note, why does the rain always seem to wait until the weekend? :o| At least I've finally gotten around to booking some time off work about a month from now, which means you guys either won't be seeing very much of me between the 18th-22nd July, or you'll be seeing an insane amount of me while I plough through content aplenty. I wouldn't hold your breath for the latter though. ;o)

No comments: