Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Weekend away et al

As most of you reading this will doubtless have already noticed, I got back from my short break on Monday afternoon. Those handful of days in Wales were definitely much needed to recharge my batteries, and just spend some time relaxing and chilling out - It was really nice to just have some time between me and Tara, with little in the way of the other distractions that tend to crop up in day-to-day life. I might put together a slideshow of pictures from the trip as an MSN Spaces slideshow to bore you all with some time, so be warned! ;o)

Thankfully I also have all of this week off work, so it's meant plenty of sleeping in, and has also given me time to finish off the Radeon X800GT review I started before I went away for Elite Bastards. If you're interested, I've just gone live with it here. I should be starting the mammoth task of my GeForce 7800GT review next, so don't be surprised if you find me rocking in a corner muttering 'No more benchmarks, no more benchmarks...' any time soon. ;o)

Away from all things Elite Bastards, there isn't much to report - I'm ridiculously obsessed with the new Boards of Canada album right now, which is quite frankly one of the best things I've heard. Ever... Not to mention being strangely cathartic and inspirational at the same time to my writing. This weekend I should also be going to see A History Of Violence with the wife - It looks good from the trailer I've seen, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

So, there you have it, everything I can think of to say for now. :o)

1 comment:

Jollemi said...

Good thing that you had a nice time over there.

I was walking around yesterday, when it was around 24c warm and didn't have any problems. Maybe felt a bit warm, but not sweaty warm. Today has been a very similiar day, but with the difference that it's 27c with the feel factor of 28c. And I was sweating all over when I went for a walk. And I didn't even have so much clothes on today as yesterday. I guess I should go walk around in my undies :D