Monday, October 10, 2005

A productive few days

It's been a pretty busy time for me Elite Bastards-wise one way or another lately, but Tara was away in Southampton visiting a couple of friends at University there over the weekend, which left me as master of the domain and thus offered me the opportunity to plough through editorial, which I grabbed with both hands. At the tail end of last week I squeezed out a technology preview of ATI's Radeon X1000 series, which turned out pretty well I thought if I may say so myself. This left me the weekend to focus on a couple of articles - Firstly, a review of Club 3D's Radeon X800RX, which I published today, and another piece which should go live later in the week. With any luck this should let me refocus on the GeForce 7800GT review, but I get the feeling that more distractions will be coming along soon. They should be good distractions though, so don't worry. ;o)

Away from writing-related stuff, I took some time on Saturday to chill out and watch the England game (althought the words 'chill out' and 'England game' invariably fail to gel particularly well in the same sentence), and also did a little catching up anime wise, taking in the latest episodes of Bleach and Full Metal Panic : The Second Raid as well as continuing to work my way through the first series of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Upon Tara's return on Sunday afternoon we also sat down to watch Sin City together, and I have to say the second viewing was at least on a par with the first. It's still my movie of 2005 so far, no doubt about that.

Continuing the movie theme, I went to see A History of Violence with the wife last weekend - Not a bad movie, and decent entertainment, although to be honest I think I enjoyed it more than Tara did. Music-wise, I'm still hopelessly addicted to the new Boards of Canada album, The Campfire Headphase... I'm not even going to attempt to desribe its musical genius, you just have to find it and listen to it anyway you can. It's quite possibly one of the best albums I've ever heard. Period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.