Sunday, May 14, 2006

Panic on the streets of Birmingham...

It's been a busy time for me Elite Bastards-wise this past week (just for a change!) - Aside from continuing to plough through the ever-growing mountain of review hardware (with some pretty cool reviews coming up I have to say), the highlight of last week was a trip to Birmingham to cover the Computer Trade Show (aka CTS) for the site, complete with press pass of course...



Needless to say, the site name got some interesting reactions throughout the day. ;) Although the show was apparantly not as packed full of items of interest as last year's offering, there was still plenty to cover, and more importantly it gave me the chance to go toe-to-toe with a bunch of marketing people with regard to getting review samples (more work for me - Yay!). I had some productive discussions on that front, so we'll have to see how they pan out in the long run, and I had a few interesting meetings during the course of the day too.

It also looks like we've found ourselves a willing provider of samples for NVIDIA graphics boards, thanks to some insanely generous and decent fellow who keeps going around recommended us and fighting our corner whenever they talk to AIB partners... You know who you are, and you know how grateful I am for it. ;)

So, all in all, the site is continuing to move onwards and upwards, to the point where I'm seriously starting to need someone to help out with some of the review workload and to let us cover more products methinks. It's something I'm still mulling over though (I'm such a control freak sometimes!), so more on that soon no doubt...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Reactions to the name? Please do tell! :D

You have no idea the thought/time that went into that one, remind me to tell you the story sometime.

Hanners said...

The funniest reaction was probably from some Taiwanese (I think?) lady on one of the stands - She came over to me to say hi and do her usual PR thing, peered over at my badge and said "So, you're here from Elite.... ohhhh....", before going very quiet and rapidly finding someone else to go and talk to.

Unknown said...

LOL!

Kewl, our secret plan worked. 8)