Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Six months and NDAs

Monday was mine and Tara's six month wedding anniversary - Maybe nothing special in the grand scheme of things, but to me it seems like an important milestone. Considering all the stories of rough rides I'd heard from others, the whole six-month period has gone fantastically smoothly, give or take the odd tiny bump or two. I seriously can't imagine myself being any more happy or content than this - I know I must go on about it in basically every single Blog entry, but I still can't get over how things have changed for me over the past few years, all thanks to one person. :o)

In other news, the NDA for ATI's HyperMemory technology expired yesterday (as anyone who saw my article will have realised), although to my minor irritation it was pushed forward a couple of days at virtually the last minute, leaving me with only a couple of hours to polish off what I'd done so far and pour all of the rest of my thoughts into the article. All in all, it came out pretty well all things considered, seeing as I was all but ready to forget the NDA lifting time and simply publish it "When it's done". It may not be the most interesting technology in the universe, but it was still article-worthy to my mind and it was nice to be on 'the inner circle' of these things for once. :oP The experience has piqued my interest in how these low-end boards and their memory sharing technologies perform in the real world as well, so maybe that's one for the future. :o) The next article on my 'to do' list for Elite Bastards is a biggie, but I want to get it done sooner rather than later. I also have in my possession another intriguing article written by a contributor which I'll try to get out the door this week once I've cleaned it up and sorted out some charts.

Nothing much else to report really - Work is ticking along as per usual, Tara drank way too much watching Chelsea win the Carling Cup, Bill Murray and William Dafoe were both great in 'The Life Aquatic' and... err.... that's it really.

No comments: