Monday, October 11, 2004

My name's Andy, and I'm a FIFA 2005 addict...

Okay, okay, so it isn't that bad... Yet. But yes, I did give FIFA 2005 a whirl yesterday. And yes, I did spend basically the entire day yesterday playing it.

EA Sports certainly haven't learned all of the lessons they should have done - There are still times aplenty when you don't feel 'in control' of your players, as though they are acting on autopilot or assisted by the computer. And when that happens, it sucks. However, the match experience in general is much better - Playing slick passing and counter-attacking football is far easier this time around (Perfect for an Arsenal fan such as myself!), better handling of set pieces and so on.

The real reason for my addiction yesterday however is the addition of a proper(ish) career mode, which brings me back to the days of Sensible World of Soccer, where I lost entire months of my life playing through twenty season careers. I love the whole 'Take a rubbish team and build them up until they're the best (Or move to a club who are the best if they'll have you)' mentality, and it's lack is my biggest gripe with most football games. So, my Sunday was spent taking Notts County (no, I don't know why them either) to the dizzy heights of the top of League 2, and within a whisker of a cup upset against Liverpool. This probably means that the game is also too easy, but be quiet, I'm enjoying myself. :P

Aside from all that, I'm now pretty much 100% recovered from the illness I had last week, which means that I've found the energy to make some good progress on my Beyond3D review today - Hopefully I can get it knocked together into a decent shape this week. Should be able to polish off the first Hexus review too in theory, just have loads of niggly little things to do there. Of course, it would all get done a lot quicker if I stopped writing here, wouldn't it?... :P

1 comment:

Jollemi said...

Yes it would ;). Good to hear that you're back in business. Dig's blog lead me here and your blog lead me to Cyber's blog. Now, where is Nat's and mrsabidji's blog? ;)