Sunday, October 10, 2004

So much for working....

When I made my last post about getting plenty done this weekend, I had of course reckoned without two international footie games on TV. :P

So, my Saturday instead ended up being very football-centric (Not that this is a bad thing), the obvious highlight being England's comprehensive 2-0 win over Wales. Watching England games are usually something of an emotional rollercoaster, but thanks to an early goal and being pretty much dominant throughout the game it was a pretty relaxing one to watch.

The evening was taking up with France vs Republic of Ireland - And what the Hell is wrong with the French side?! I know they've lost some of their best players (Zidane et al) to international retirement, but they look more than a shadow of their former selves. To be honest, they don't even look like they care...

Continuing the football theme, I picked up a copy of FIFA 2005 which I haven't tried yet, so I guess that is on the agenda today. I really don't like the FIFA series all that much now, the last few iterations have pretty much ruined it for me (especially now we have Pro Evolution Soccer 3 - and hopefully 4 soon - on the PC), but for some reason I can't resist each new version that is released. I'm a hopeless case when it comes to footie games... *sighs* ....oh, some of the turkeys I've bought....

No comments: