Thursday, October 14, 2004

Progress....

It always feels good to get an article out of the door and published, and today is one of those days. Yesterday I finally managed to finish my review of a couple of Leadtek GeForce 6800s for Beyond 3D, and it's now up in all its glory here. I was actually surprised to see it published so soon - I only sent Dave the material yesterday evening, and it usually takes a good few days for any editing, changes etc to be done before we end up with the finished product. This time it was just a matter of hours (and Dave working through the night I would wager - What a workaholic!).

The downside of finishing the article is that I have to send back the two boards I was testing, and you know, I'm really going to miss the GT-based card. Sure, it has a kind of inconvenient two-slot cooling solution, but boy did it overclock like a trooper, far more impressively so than my PNY (basically NVIDIA reference) board. Ah well, such is a reviewers life, and I really can't complain considering most people don't even get the chance to play with half the stuff I've been fortunate enough to look at lately.

So, this leaves me to focus on the stuff I need to get done for Hexus now, it's pretty close to being finished so it just needs a final push. I'm also still short of a couple of photos of the packaging too... Damn do I suck with my digital camera. Or maybe my digital camera just sucks? A bad workman blames his tools...

Away from all the website stuff, my real-life job is actually getting pretty busy too - The project I'm working on is reaching one of those critical stages that relies on me a lot, so I'm having to engage my brain rather a lot. Still, I've got a lot done this week even with other distractions, so I'm making good progress. It does kind of cut into the website time though, which is frustrating. :P I'm really hoping that I don't catch the 'flu at the moment - Both my parents have had it, and it looked like I was going the same way over the last couple of days, getting a sore throat that was the first symptom they had. But, today that seems to have cleared up somewhat, so I'm crossing my fingers that it skipped me. Having said that, it's really cute the way Tara fusses over me when I'm sick. ;)

No comments: