Wednesday, October 27, 2004

There's nothing worse...

Than your spiritual Internet home being down for close to 24 hours. Yes, the Elite Bastards server is basically down. No, I don't know why. The same thing happened after my original 3DMark05 article, which I understand as it was a 'big thing', but although we got linked a lot of places this time around, the traffic shouldn't be any worse than what we've had to handle before in the past. Once everything is back up and running, I think a post mortem is called for - It's frustrating sitting here not being able to do anything though.

The worst part of all has been doing my usual morning flick through the usual sites I visit, trawling for news - I have loads of interesting stuff, but nowhere to put it. So, to ease my pain, I think I'll make the rest of this Blog entry a little mini-news page, if nothing else to remind me what to post when the server is back up and running properly. So, here goes:

- John Reynolds Radeon X800 XT PCI Express review at SimHQ
- Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault ships early
- Need For Speed Underground 2 demo released
- ATI topples nVidia in card sales

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU BROKE EB AGAIN!!!!! :?

Nice going, great article too. (Now that I can actually READ it this morning... :bleh: ;) )

Do what I do, spam the hell out of B3D when EB is down.....


I don't get why we went down though, we only had about 3,600 uniques....we've had way more than that and not failed before. :?

Hanners said...

Most of those 3,600 came before the server died... ;o) God knows how many actual requests we had.

Anonymous said...

Posting EB news on your blog because EB is down?
THAT's what I call workaholic :-)