Saturday, October 23, 2004

Quarter of a century alive, three years of happiness

Well, a couple of important dates coming my way as I write this (Isn't it great having a laptop with wirless Internet connectivity, and being able to write an entry while lounging around in bed and eating toast?):

First up, tomorrow (Sunday 24th October) is my 25th birthday... That makes for quarter of a century alive. I'm one of those people who finds each and every birthday more depressing (Given the choice, I would have stopped this whole ageing thing at 21), so 25 years old is a milestone in depression for me. ;o) The amusing thing is seeing my family, wife etc celebrating ecstatically, wanting to take me out for meals, buying cakes, presents etc, while I would happily just brush the whole thing under the carpet. Still, that's where I derive my pleasure from on birthdays - Seeing other people enjoying themselves. :o)

The day after however, is far, far more important - It is me and my wife's three year anniversary since we started going out together. We'd known each other for about six months before that, but the 25th of October was the fateful day when we finally got over the whole 'will we, won't we' thing - Or rather, my wife did, by asking me out. :oP From an airport in Chicago as it happens, but that's a whole other story. On that day, it felt like the happiest day of my life, but the great thing is that over the last three years I've had so many 'happiest days of my life' with Tara that I've almost lost count, and each one has been better than the last. I can honestly say that the last three years have been the best ever, and I'm not even going to try to put into words how I've felt these past few years... The good times I've shared with Tara really are beyond words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Hanners!
Enjoy the day! only fun things are allowed today for you! :)

HTK