Monday, November 01, 2004

Holiday? What holiday?

So, here I am, after a week away from work, sat back at my desk in the office. Nothing has changed in that week - Literally. The work I'd given other people to handle in my absence has been bounced straight back into my queue as soon as I turned up, regardless of the liberal sprinkling of ASAP and URGENT notices in said jobs. * Sighs * And boy is the clock ticking by slowly this morning, roll on lunch time....

Anyway, as for my holiday, it had its relaxing moments, but Tuesday afternoon saw the (unexpected but welcome) arrival of a large box of goodies for review courtesy of Hexus, so I spent some of the week and weekend working on that. Add to that the Far Cry article for Elite Bastards, and it was more or less a semi-working week. Not that I'm complaining though - I absolutely loved every minute of it. I kind of wanted to test myself out by setting aside full days to do review work to see how it felt - Getting up early-ish and getting straight down to it, getting the whole thing done and submitted by that evening. And it all went swimmingly. It reminds me of the line in the movie 'The Road To Perdition' - "To be paid to do what you love - Ain't that the dream?". Couldn't have said it much better myself...

Aside from that, yesterday was my two-month anniversary of getting married. It's weird, it already feels like an age ago that I was in Las Vegas with Tara, not two months. I think I've stumbled onto a new anime love, thanks to BetrayerX at EB - Bleach. It's one of those series where you watch the first episode, and the potential is just overflowing out of every pore. I've watched the first three episodes now (There are four out right now), and it's developing very nicely. I think I'm going to overflow with anime this week actually - I still haven't watched the latest episodes of Naruto and School Rumble, volumes 3 and 4 of the hilarious Azumanga Daioh on DVD should be turning up this week, and I just ordered the first Tenchi movie. Oh well, whatever keeps me out of trouble. :oP

No comments: