Monday, November 15, 2004

Am I ready for Half-Life 2?

So, tomorrow is the big day - Am I ready? Well, let's put it this way, I've spent the evening setting up a system featuring an Athlon FX 53 and Leadtek GeForce 6800 Ultra so yeah, you could say I'm ready. ;o)

Of course, this is just a temporary test system for the time being, but I can imagine it doing an admirable job with Half-Life 2, so I can't think of a better way to experience it.

I should also point out to all the kids out there ready to drop out of school to take up careers as hardware reviewers that it isn't all fun and game-playing - Indeed, if I get everything I need together by tomorrow evening, I will in fact most likely be spending the evening benchmarking, and not playing Half-Life 2 at all while the rest of you enjoy it.

I had a load of other things I was going to mention in this entry, but firstly I've forgotten them in my excitement, and secondly it's getting late - Time to call the wife before getting some sleep. Maybe tomorrow I'll work out what I was going to say here and put something more constructive together.

No comments: