Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Times, they are a' changing...

So, about that big announcement - I was going to keep everyone in suspense a little longer, but I may as well just go ahead and come out with it.

Yesterday, I handed in my notice at work. Why, I hear you ask? Because I've accepted a position as a full-time reviewer for Hexus. Yep, that's right, once my notice is up where I am right now (which could be four weeks, or it could be longer, I'm arguing that one out right now), I'll be taking up a post doing full-time hardware reviews.

Am I excited? That would be putting it mildly, yes. Am I happy? You bet I am. To be honest, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing with my time, so the opportunity to take it up as a full-time concern is a dream come true for me. Of course, the sad side is that this means standing down from the news and article posting side of Elite Bastards, but I'll still be sticking around to some extent whenever I can, so you haven't seen the last of me there.

So, there you have it, not much more to add really. I actually have some other pretty cool stuff to talk about as well, but I'll save that for another day - Don't want to overload you now, do I?!

6 comments:

Jollemi said...

Aha, I knew it (a little bird told me)! Congratz on the new job and try to post stuff (like links) about your reviews to EB, you know we're always interested :). I guess Quinn has to get busy posting news when you're "gone"...

Anonymous said...

I promise that we'll still let you hang around EB as much as you like (as long as you get your work done!). When I pushed for your hire at HEXUS, I did it realising you had strong ties at EB (and I now know it's a really fun place to hang out).

I'm sure we can work out some cross-site publishing of certain articles too, if Quinn (and DaveB!) agrees and everyone's happy. I have some ideas about that we can work through with everyone at some point.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new job. I'm a nice boss, honest :P I argued hard to get your on board with us at HEXUS and I'm glad we snagged you full-time. Now to just get that bloody first article of yours out the door! I've promised it for ages now, but other things keep jumping the queue!

Really chuffed you're along for the ride; we needed someone for that next step and I got the person I wanted for that.

Wheee!

Rys

Hanners said...

I'm glad to be along for the ride, and I owe you one for pushing to get me on-board in the capacity you have, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. :o) Now I'm just looking forward to getting my last few weeks of my current job out of the way so that I can start the REAL fun!! ;)

Jollemi said...

Sounds like you have an awesome boss Hanners. Lucky SOB ;)

Anonymous said...

I can appreciate a good boss. :-)

As far as working content out, that would be fine. I would expect all hardware review to be Hexus exclusive. That goes without saying (to me). With any commentary, I'm open for dual exposure.

What concerns me though is Hanners having to format for two different systems, so it's not logical in that sense.

I think waiting and seeing how Hanners likes his arrangement is the best move. That will give him time to latch onto a new way of doing things and then if he wants, he can come up with some ideas or whatever. This is Hanners' time, so I'm not really set on working on some content arrangement right now. ;-)

Quinn1981

Unknown said...

Do me a favor Hanners, focus on Hexus for a bit and run with it. It ain't often a man gets an opportunity at a dream of his, best to give it your full attention when it comes along.

I don't mean be a stranger at EB or nothing, but keep the articles/reviews at Hexus and don't worry 'bout us for a bit....this is your time and we are all so rooting for you that it ain't funny. :)

BTW-Rys is your bossman now? BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!! ;)