Monday, November 22, 2004

Feeling Peaky

All things considered, it's been a kind of busy time since my last entry. The big stress of last week was works attempt to wring every last drop out of me in my final couple of weeks with the company, in the form of sending me all around the UK handing out ID cards - A real "you're leaving, fuck you" job if ever I saw one. Anyway, after plenty of debate and discussion, revolving around me pointing out what an insane idea it was (Why not just send the cards out to the sites for other people to dish out? Handing out cards and getting a form signed isn't rocket science), I finally got my point across and the idea was canned. This leaves me free to concentrate on the important things that need to get done in my final two weeks, thank goodness.

I was in London the whole of Saturday, to see Arsenal's game against West Brom - It ended in a hugely disappointing 1-1 draw, but it was good to be back at Highbury after not being able to make it at all last season. Damn, it was cold though! It was also cool to get my first look at Arsenal's new stadium at Ashburton Grove (aka The Emirates Stadium - ugh), it's fantastic that they found a site so close to Highbury (You can see the new stadium easily from the North Bank). The worst part of my Saturday was the train journeys - Engineering works meant that the trains were taking detours, which meant a 3 hour journey up to London, and closer to 4 hours back!

The number of games I want to make time for is growing ever longer - Inevitably, Half-Life 2 is still my main focus (I can't believe people have completed it already, I could never dedicate that much time to any game in a single sitting), but the Pro Evolution Soccer 4 demo released on Friday has caught my eye too - I didn't like it to being with, but I'm starting to warm to it. Then there's Football Manager 2005 (Which is basically Championship Manager under a different name), which is time consuming at the best of times, and I haven't even installed Need For Speed: Underground 2. Oh, woe is me... :oP

Things have slowed right up on the reviewing front, as I'm currently left waiting for things to show up before I can move on with most of the things I have sat here. But, my second review for Hexus was published at the weekend, which is always edifying. Two more weeks, and I'll be beavering away on this stuff full-time... It just can't come quickly enough!!

Finally, as we're fast approaching December, no doubt you'll all be looking for Christmas presents for me... To make life easier for you, look no further than here. ;o)

No comments: