Thursday, November 11, 2004

The date is set

After a few days of constructive discussion about the terms of my contract, and more precisely my period of notice, we've finally come to a date when I finish my current job - December 3rd. It's a relief that I didn't end up with the whole nine weeks as specified in my contract, so I have to thank my boss for backing me on that one. I may even have some holiday available to curtail the time left in my current position even further.

My other good news is that my wife is now looking at moving over here much, much sooner - We're talking about the end of January now, rather than a year away. It means a lot to think about and organise, but it also means that Andy is very happy and excitable right now. ;o)

Aside from that (If you can have an aside from all these life-changing events), things are actually rather quiet, and just involves a lot of waiting for things to happen. This means that I've had a bit of time to feast myself on Azumanga Daioh amongst other things (okay, I admit I'm still on a streak of playing a lot of FIFA 2005 too). We're a week away from Half-Life 2 now, and I'm quietly looking forward to finally getting to see the finished product after all the hype and delays. It has to be good, it just has to - I need a good, involving FPS to convince me that not all games from now on are going to be unconvincing rehashes and sequels of what has gone before.

Talking of FPSes, I'll have to see if I can coax my wife into bringing her X-Box over to the UK with her, I'm itching to try out Halo 2.... :oP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great news, marriages are much more enjoyable when you're both living in the same building. :) (Although I must confess that me and my wife had seperate bedrooms for the first two years of our marriage because we lived on different schedules and the puppies liked to sleep with me. :roll: )